Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Visiting 32 Forest Street


Thank you to everyone for reading yesterday’s post.  Megan and I received a lot of great feedback and we always welcome suggestions, comments, ideas, etc.

Today, I was in The Summer House working with Tyler Taylor to make the big switch!  Megan and I officially takeover the store on September 1st and we are busying ourselves with preparations.  Tyler has been fantastic in guiding us along and making it a smooth transition for Megan and I and more importantly, for you.

I took a few pictures of the store today (with my iPhone so they aren't the best) to show any newcomers what the store looks like.  Not only do I love the style of this building, but I love how there are so many tall windows and a huge skylight that allow the sun to drench the space in natural light.  When you see the photos you’ll understand why it is the perfect setting for our vision of a mix of modern and traditional styles.


Gorgeous wood beam ceiling and skylight juxtaposed with open duct work.  This is exactly the mix of modern and traditional we want.
Photo: Meganandmargaret.blogspot.com


Tall front window but this dark photo does not do it justice!
Photo: Meganandmargaret.blogspot.com


Display of antique saws
Photo: Meganandmargaret.blogspot.com


The concrete floor gives the space that loft style we like
Photo: Meganandmargaret.blogspot.com


Martha Stewart has a larger version of this table in her office at headquarters
Photo: Meganandmargaret.blogspot.com


View from the front of the store
Photo: Meganandmargaret.blogspot.com


We are expecting a lot of new pieces starting in September and Megan and I will do our best to post pictures of items as they arrive.   I can’t wait to show you what our fall colors are at The Summer House!

What do you think of the space?

Margaret

1 comment: