Thursday, September 1, 2011

Style for Miles

I have minimalist tendencies for home design, a style that Iris Apfel is openly hostile towards.  Every once in a while something completely insane comes along and adds a healthy dose of eccentricity to my life.  I can't help but love these kinds of people in all their glory.


Iris Apfel is the perfect example of just such a person.  She is a "more is more" kind of gal and I have to admit, when it comes to fashion, I am a "more is more" girl too...  But Iris, my goodness, she has style for miles!


When you look at her New York City home you'll find that Iris loves color and has fabulous use of texture.  Her style is a mix and therefore totally unique to her.  This style is not for everyone, in fact only a few lucky ones have the time or panache to do something like this.






Iris Apfel and her signature glasses.
Photo: pem.org








This is the best jewelry display I've ever seen.  Think I should add it to The Summer House?





A special thank you to Nicole Pedota for her assistance with this post.  Look for more on Nicole's lakeside wedding later this month.

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment