Friday, September 23, 2011

A Late Introduction!

After taking over the Summer House in New Canaan a little over 3 weeks ago, I thought it was about time that I introduced myself! Obviously life has been a little crazy since the takeover and on top of that I have a beautiful 5 month old baby at home who keeps me even busier! Luckily, I have an amazing husband that helps me manage it all!

Margaret and I have known each other since, well, basically since ...forever. My mom has a running joke that she’s known Margaret longer than me, and Margaret never has let me forget that she’s a whole 6 weeks older than me.

So now to the store. It all happened pretty quickly. Margaret and I have always toyed with the idea of opening our own retail store and when we stumbled upon The Summer House it was love at first sight. Walking into the store I couldn’t help but want to take every item on the floor and put it into my own home. From the antiqued baseballs to the gorgeous Dino Mark Anthony sofa I fell in love with each and every item.

Over the past three weeks, we’ve realized it’s not all just fun and games though. Owning a store takes a lot....A LOT...of hard work, thought, and dedication. It’s definitely a learning curve but we’re making progress (and having fun while doing it) every day!

That’s all for now on this rainy Friday afternoon!


Megan



This Ceramic Elephant Side Table is the latest item that I want to take home with me!
Photo: meganandmargaret.blogspot.com


No comments:

Post a Comment