Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Great Gatsby Set


The Great Gatsby is widely acknowledged in the literary world as the great American novel.  I haven't seen Baz Luhrmann's interpretation yet but I definitely intend to.  I'm mostly excited to see the setting, architeture, and design which should be the perfect companion to this tale.  As a nod to literary classics I've changed our blog background to the Osborne & Little "Penguin Cover" wallpaper which features classic books published by Penguin.

Achritectural Digest got a sneak peek at the set and I've posted those photos below.  What do you think about the roaring 1920's set and extravagant decor?

Gatsby's ballroom

Gatsby's bedroom.  I love the black lacquer bed and the open closet above.

The Gatsby estate.

Nick Carraway's perfect cottage.  I would prefer to live here over Gatsby's mansion.

Carraway's cottage interior.  Love the piles of books!

The Buchanans' brick estate

The Buchanan's sitting room.  I don't love red, but in this room, it's fantastic.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment