Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Artist at The Summer House

We are so excited to welcome Scott Kahn to The Summer House.  On Saturday we put up four prints and we've had a great response already.  Scott's statement says it all:


I consider my work to be a visual diary, a record of my life, a reporting of the
places and people I encounter. It is not easy to begin a painting, despite the variety and
complexity of the world. It is important to me to have a reason to paint, for the impulse
to be strong. If I do not feel compelled to work, how can I expect the viewer to respond
to what I am reporting? If I am successful, hopefully, the painting will have depth,
poetry, and honesty. The effect should be direct and clear. To achieve this result, a
creative person calls upon every tool available to him: technical, emotional, intuitive, and
intellectual. The act of creating, therefore, teaches us and reveals to us who we are and
our relationship to life. This is why I paint. - Scott Kahn


 Berkshire Nightscape 18" W x 20" H

Lunar Eclipse 17 1/4" W x 20" H

March Moon 20" H x 18 1/8" W

Griswold Point 16 3/4" H x 20" W
 

No comments:

Post a Comment